This cool two bean salad is a light, refreshing side to any picnic or outdoor activity.
- Step 1 In a pot, add the water, washed red and navy beans and 1 tablespoon of salt. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the beans are tender, but firm, about 45 minutes to an hour. Once done, remove from heat and rinse.
- Step 2 In a large salad bowl, mix beans, onions, parsley and rosemary until evenly mixed.
- Step 3 In a separate bowl, add vinegar and olive oil. Mix in sugar until dissolved. Add about 2 tsp salt and pepper.
- Step 4 Stir dressing into the salad. Cover. Refrigerate to let the flavors blend.
- 1 lb. Premium Select Navy Beans
- 1 lb. Premium Select Red Beans
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped rosemary
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 Tbsp olive oil