- Step 1 Cook spinach and reserve the liquid.
- Step 2 Melt butter with low heat.
- Step 3 Add flour stirring until smooth but not turn brown.
- Step 4 Add onion and cook until soft.
- Step 5 Begin to add the reserved spinach liquid slowly avoiding lumps.
- Step 6 Add evaporated milk. Cook until thick.
- Step 7 Add seasoning and cheese that has been cut into small pieces.
- Step 8 Put in casserole dish and top with bread crumbs.
- 2 frozen spinach packs (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1⁄2 cup of vegetable liquid
- 1⁄2 cup of evaporated milk (small can)
- Red pepper to taste
- 6 ounces Mexican cheese, cubed
- Bread crumbs