This red bean burger is a great alternative for when you’re looking for something a little less greasy. Ms. Lou will even make them ahead of time and freeze the patties for grilling later.
- Step 1 In a pot, add the water, washed red beans, and 1 tablespoon of salt. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the beans are tender, about an hour.
- Step 2 In a food processor, chop the onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Strain the red beans and mash them until thick and pasty. Mix in vegetables.
- Step 3 In a small bowl, mix eggs, cumin, Sriracha, cayenne, and the rest of the salt. Add to the beans once the mixture is cool.
- Step 4 Stir in bread crumbs until mixture is thick. Form patties.
- Step 5 Place tin foil on top of grill and lightly coat in olive oil. Grill until brown, about 5 minutes each side.
- 1 lb. Blue Runner Premium Select Red Beans
- 10 cups water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 6 cloves roasted garlic
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 3 tsp Sriracha
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 2 cups bread crumbs