- Step 1 – Preheat oven to 350°.
- Step 2 – Make the black bean taco meat: Heat the olive oil in a wide pot or pan over high heat. Add the ground beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat is well browned.
- Step 3 – Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the chili powder, 4 teaspoons of salt, the oregano, granulated garlic, granulated onion, black pepper, cayenne, cumin, and cinnamon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes.
- Step 4 – Add the two cans of Blue Runner® Black Beans. Stir until well blended and cook, stirring occasionally, just until the beef and bean mixture is heated through. Remove from heat.
- Step 5 – Transfer the beef and bean mixture to a shallow casserole or ovenproof serving dish. Spread to form a thin layer on the bottom of the dish.
- Step 6 – Make the guacamole: In a mixing bowl, add the meat from 3 ripe avocados. Add the finely diced red onion, Tabasco® Jalapeno sauce, 1 teaspoon of salt, and lime juice.
- Step 7 – Using a large kitchen spoon, blend the ingredients together, using the spoon to chop and mash the avocados as you mix.
- Step 8 – Assemble the dip in layers: Spoon the guacamole on top of the black bean taco meat mixture. Using a rubber spatula, spread the guacamole to form a thin layer.
- Step 9 – Add the sour cream and gently spread to form a thin layer.
- Step 10 – Add the salsa and gently spread to form a thin layer.
- Step 11 – Sprinkle the top of the dip with the grated Cheddar cheese.
- Step 12 – Place the dip in the preheated oven and bake just until the cheese is slightly melted, 8-10 minutes.
- Step 13 – Remove from oven and serve at room temperature with corn tortilla chips.
For the black bean taco meat:
- 1 Tablespoon mild olive oil
- 2 lbs. ground beef (about 4 cups)
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons granulated onion
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 16-oz. cans Creamy New Orleans Style Blue Runner® Black Beans
For the guacamole:
- 3 ripe avocados
- ¼ cup very finely diced red onion
- 1 ½ teaspoons Tabasco® Jalapeño (green) pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
To assemble the dip:
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup chunky salsa
- 1 ½ cups grated sharp Cheddar cheese